Intellichlor IC40 Cold Water Status

Jan 17, 2013
I've read in numerous places that the IC40 will effectively "shut itself off" when it detects cold water, therefore no longer generating chlorine. I'm good with that. My "Cold Water" light is indeed red and we are not generating chlorine...

My question - if I run the hot tub, thus heating the water, wouldn't you expect the IC40 to begin generating chlorine? When I turn on the hot tub, nothing changes. Cold Water light remains red.

Diagnostics->Intellichlor shows no errors.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP!

I I remember correctly, it averages the water temperature across several measurements across a fairly long period of time (an hour or two). If you left the hot tub running long enough, the light would go out.

You also want to check want your chlorinator is set to run at while in SPA mode. My equipment guy set my IC40 to run at 2% when in spa mode.

I've got the full Easytouch automation on my system, so it may be different if you've just got the panel for the chlorinator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.