Natural Gas Grill - what do I need to know?

Pauls234

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello everyone - the natural gas grill that came with our house is old and rusted - it's shot. So, I am looking to get a new one, but I don't know where to start. This would be for the long term since we plan on living in the house for at least the next 15-20 years, so I'm not opposed to paying up for quality.

About the only thing I know is I would like it to have a cabinet around it for storage and I am also fairly certain that I would like a stove top burner on it.

I really haven't started looking so thought I'd check in here first for any tips, brands, things to avoid or look for etc before I start my search.

Thanks!

I've been a Weber guy most of my adult life (30 years). I'm leaving Chicago this weekend for Arizona and I just handed off my 12 year old Weber Summit to my oldest son. The Weber kettle went to his two brothers but I'm keeping the Weber Smoker. Ill be in the market for a new grill as soon as we arrive. I'm planning an outdoor kitchen so I'm looking for a drop in model. I think it comes down to your budget and how often you'll use it. The largest new Summit is running around $2500 I think. I'm also looking at the 48" or 52" DCS at around $4000. I'd like a Big Green Egg or other kamoda style as well but that might have to wait. I guess what I'm saying is for anything under $2500 I'd go Weber. After that it's all about budget and features. Lynx and Wolf make great grills but they are expensive. Lastly, I've heard negative comments about Viking. Good luck!

Weber is the way to go. I have the Weber stainless NG Genesis with the side burner. It is without a doubt the best gas grill I have ever owned. My last SS grill caught fire and literally had metal that was burning. The Weber is a grill that will last at least ten to fifteen years. My only advice is if you buy the SS model, get the cast iron grates. Grilling nirvana! With that said, I still have a cast iron and steel charcoal grill that produces better results. Gas for convenience and charcoal for those lazy afternoons with a bottle of Vino and killer New York Strips!

Points well taken on the Weber. I thought about cheaping out, but my current grill is a weber that has gone through 8 Chicago winters and still fires up on the first try each year. Ideally I would like one with a brick or stone surround. Internet searches for this turn up a ton of you tube videos, but all DIY jobs, and I am not sure that is something I want or can take on. Has anyone else here done anything like that?

Otherwise I'll probably go with the Genesis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.