Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Water Test Kit K-2006 > any good?

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Water Test Kit K-2006 > any good?

I have a 10,000 gal. in-ground gunite pool (non-salt water) here in southern Florida.

I am seriouisly thinking about not using my pool service and just maintaining the pool myself.

I have been doing some internet reading and am thinking the following pool water tester might be pretty good for my purpose. Just wondering what your opinion of this tester is

Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006
    Includes Taylor 9058 comparator and 3/4 oz reagents

Includes tests for:
    pH with Acid / Base Demand
    (TA) Total Alkalinity
    (FC) Free Chlorine
    (CC) Combined Chlorine
    (CH) Calcium Hardness
    (CYA) Cyanuric Acid

The best price I have seen on the internet for this is $53.32 shipped to the door through Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Complete-F ... B0002IXIIG

Anyone have any past experience with this water tester?

Thank's
    Ron

9,000 gal. in-ground concrete pool
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump and motor (1 HP)
    Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (100 sq ft)
    Zodiac MX8 suction pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Water Test Kit K-2006 > any good

BTW ... I may buy some "LaMotte" Borate test strips too because these are not included in the test kit above.

My pool guy is only charging me $60 per month to maintain the pool. He comes once a week and any chemicals he adds is included in the $60 per month fee.

I am wondering if I can really save any money by doing this myself since 60 bucks a month is pretty cheap (and he does keep the water spotless).

Ron,
    9,000 gal. in-ground concrete pool
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump and motor (1 HP)
    Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (100 sq ft)
    Zodiac MX8 suction pool cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

$60/month is ridiculously inexpensive. Around here it is almost double that per week. None the less, it is possible to maintain a pool for less than that if you do it yourself. However, that assumes that you take some time to figure out the right approach, learn what you need to learn, and keep an eye on the pool, if only for a moment, every day.

The Taylor test kit you mentioned is great. It is one of the few test kits we recommend. I happen to think that the TFTestKits.net TF100 is a better deal, but they are comparable and only differ in details.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

If you look in Pool School, you will see that is one of 2 test kits we recommend.

Take a look at the TF100 kit, comes with more of the reagents you need and is a better value ... Also designed and sold by the owner of this forum with a great warranty and customer service.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!