Pebble Fina vs. UWC Finest Finish

Aug 29, 2012
San Diego
Hey Guys,

Last week we received cities approval for our permit and hope to start the build within the next week or so. Question for you regarding interior finish, I've searched through the site and read all that I can find regarding the two products in subject line and am still not feeling well educated, so here I am :wink:

When signing our contract with the PB, he lined out Category 1 or 2 Pebble Fina as our interior options, Category 3 would be additional. I then asked him to send me via email the specific colors that are included within the specific Categories to which he only sent category 1. After a couple more emails and a phone call he said he would talk with the finisher and get the exact list (why doesn't he know???). He then came back today with the following message:

"I spoke to out interior crew and I found an interior product that has the same cost and durability of Pebble Fina with MANY more color options. I have attached the web site below for Finest Finish products. Please look at these three lines: Island Series, Spectrum Series, Sparkle Quartz Series. Let me know which ones you like and I can bring out some samples once we start construction."

My name's not Bo and I don't know Jack about pool and finishes. However, I've been in the construction business for over 20 years and loathe people that dodge questions. I replied to my guy asking about the Category 2 PF colors to which he said they were included in the 4 original colors he sent. SO that math translates to their being 4 total colors within Category 1 & 2 PF, and another 10 colors in Category 3???

I've got to settle if I'm going to continue with these guys and allow them the opportunity to build our pool or not. Would any of you please help with the two product finishes? Much appreciated!!!

I recall some discussions here where different areas of the country had different pricing structures of this stuff. In some areas pebbleshean was more expensive than pebbletec and in other areas it was the opposite. So, I am not sure the categorys are consistent either.

According to the website there are 14 colors of fina ... but of course no indication of what the categroy breakdown is ... I can understand your frustration.

I do see that in the online brochure, 9 of the 14 are "Star Dust" ... so that is likely the Cat 3 stuff.
My guess is Cat 1: Classico
Cat 2: Cielo Blue, Acquos, Bella Blue, Grigio
Cat 3: the other 9

I have been using finest finish for years, it is a decent product. I know PT was having some issues with the fina at first so I havent installed any as of yet. I have the Marquise series in my pool, truly the best product, but not cheap as it has to be polished. But it is like silk when it is done.
There is a big difference between the Island series, and the Sparkle quartz, Spectrum is just grays. Just remember with any colored type plaster you will get mottling of the surface.
Call the rep Astrid @602-466-0810. She will answer any and all questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.