Adding SOLVED to end of post. SOLVED!

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello,
On some other message boards they recommend adding SOLVED at the end of of the title of the original post when the problem is fixed or resolved. It makes finding answers easier to find and kinda shows the end message. Just a thought.

Re: Adding SOLVED to end of post.

I think thats a very good idea.

It is disappointing when OP never responds to possible fixes but it is very nice when they do........... providing the solution so all can see and learn.

Adding "SOLVED" to that last post would seem to me to be only beneficial with no down side. Anyone else?

Does editing a post put the thread back at the top? If not I'd be willing to go back to my posts and put SOLVED on them, but I don't think they need to be brought forward again. And what happens if it's marked solved and then additional posts are put on, does it need to be re-edited?

msgtdan said:
Does editing a post put the thread back at the top? If not I'd be willing to go back to my posts and put SOLVED on them, but I don't think they need to be brought forward again. And what happens if it's marked solved and then additional posts are put on, does it need to be re-edited?
Editing the FIRST post in the thread and changing it's title changes the title for the thread. I don't think it bumps the thread as being unread; I think only new posts do that.

If the first post title, which is the thread title, is changed, Individual posts will still retain their titles which, if not changed, are inherited (I'm not sure if it inherits the thread title or the previous post's title).

If additional posts are added on, the thread title does not change so does not need to be re-edited.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.