Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding SOLVED to end of post. SOLVED!

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding SOLVED to end of post. SOLVED!

Hello,
    On some other message boards they recommend adding SOLVED at the end of of the title of the original post when the problem is fixed or resolved. It makes finding answers easier to find and kinda shows the end message. Just a thought.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Adding SOLVED to end of post.

I think thats a very good idea.

It is disappointing when OP never responds to possible fixes but it is very nice when they do........... providing the solution so all can see and learn.

Adding "SOLVED" to that last post would seem to me to be only beneficial with no down side. Anyone else?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding SOLVED to end of post.

Seems good to me, and as bobo suggested, editing the title of the thread would be even better. Most won't do it though, I'm sure.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Adding SOLVED to end of post. SOLVED!

I'm with MITS, it's a great idea but I'm not sure it will stick.

5. Back To Top    #5

Does editing a post put the thread back at the top? If not I'd be willing to go back to my posts and put SOLVED on them, but I don't think they need to be brought forward again. And what happens if it's marked solved and then additional posts are put on, does it need to be re-edited?
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by msgtdan
    Does editing a post put the thread back at the top? If not I'd be willing to go back to my posts and put SOLVED on them, but I don't think they need to be brought forward again. And what happens if it's marked solved and then additional posts are put on, does it need to be re-edited?
    Editing the FIRST post in the thread and changing it's title changes the title for the thread. I don't think it bumps the thread as being unread; I think only new posts do that.

If the first post title, which is the thread title, is changed, Individual posts will still retain their titles which, if not changed, are inherited (I'm not sure if it inherits the thread title or the previous post's title).

If additional posts are added on, the thread title does not change so does not need to be re-edited.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

7. Back To Top    #7

Just tried it to my an old post of mine. (Changed the title of the first post added SOLVED, it did not move it to unread or new post listing.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Adding SOLVED to end of post. SOLVED! SOLVED Again!

Okay, I'll go back and edit subjects on some of mine.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

9. Back To Top    #9

What about taking this "SOLVED!" suggestion and making it more official by placing it in the appropriate thread in the Pool Rules area?
    Spa - Tiger River Spas Sumatran, 2003(I think) 310 gallons, Filter - Cartridge, Type - Acrylic, Pump Motor - Silent Flo 5000 circulation pump & a Wavemaster jet pump, Other - Has a Ozonator. Owners Manual

10. Back To Top    #10

I think it's a great idea and I have begun promoting it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem