New here, starting construction in spring.

Jan 14, 2013
It may sound silly, but having my own pool has been a dream of mine. Starting in spring, we will be building a 20 X 40 IG vinyl liner pool (saltwater filtration). Although I've been lurking, I can't wait to read even more info here. I can't remember the pump size recommended to us. Since we are doing a larger pool and auto cover, we have a limited budget on decking and will be doing concrete. I am now trying to determine how much space we'll need. Can't wait to read that section for your tips.

We live in tropical, sunny NE Ohio so a pool is truly a luxury around these parts. Our youngest son has autism and loves to swim. I'm excited for this journey to begin and look forward to educating myself more on pool ownership and maintenance.

Amy

I will add my Welcome!!! as well :wave:

You are certainly already ahead of the learning curve by finding this forum. A good resource to start reading is the Pool School (button at the upper right of every page) and certainly ask away if something does not make sense.

Very nice! I was once an Ohioian too! Now we live in sunny Connecticut and just put in out pool last year. Sounds like yours 20x40 vinyl. We went with a sport pool with two shallow ends and deeper in the middle. You will need a heater for sure! We were swimming well into October with the heater. We have minimal decking on the sides and one end with a larger decking on the house end. I would go out and measure once I shovel a path out to it but the gate is blocked by way too much snow!

Best of luck

Sandy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.