Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: solar repair in phoenix AZ recomendations

1. Back To Top    #1

solar repair in phoenix AZ recomendations

we have a newly purchased home in chandler< May 2012>, we need someone to look at our solar system to see what it needs.
    Solar installed 2005 i think, falco panels, pentair pumps, a fairly complex pumping system. I haven't been on roof yet.
    we have had it on in september and it worked fairly well. I recenty turn it on and and it blew a couple of end caps off.
    So I drained it and think i need a experienced person to inspect and tell us what repairs we need. As always I appreciate the advice we hear form this site.

RH

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: solar repair in phoenix AZ recomendations

The big player in pool solar in your area is Heliocol. They are in Phoenix. Chances are, if the pool builder didn't install the system, they did.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

But I would doubt that Heliocol would have installed fafco panels.

With some pictures of the plumbing we can help figure that out. Did you turn on solar while a return valve was still closed thus blowing off the ends?

Do you panels have the rubber hoses used as connections between the panels? I recall then needing to be replaced often ... especially in our hot sun.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for your reply. i am not sure i have not been up there yet, just got here two weeks ago
    I am not sure how this complex system works yet. i have slowly been breakin things down. I have replaced the
    swg IC40, two jandy check valves, pool guy replaced a pvc piping befor the swg before the swg started leaking.
    So I am leaking cash right now and i am going to figure this out. The main pump is loud and will need replaced or repair some time in the future. We just moved in the 23 of december, i know it is too cold but i would ike to open early in the season.
    I will get up there and take pictures as well. thanks