Hayward Pool Heater Problems fan not coming to speed

Topics merged. Please don't double post the same problem. Bama

After 5 years of flawless service my Hayward Natural Gas Pool Heater does not power up today. I am gettting power to from the Easytouch to the heater. The F1 Fuse was blown, I replaced it and then the fan tried to start, but it sounded like it was strugling to come up tp speed. Then F3 Fuse blew. I was thinking the fan motor needs replacement. However I was wondering if there is a fan capacitor that could be out. Anyone have any ideas?

HELP NEEDED WITH HEATER TROUBLESHOOTING

After 5 years of flawless service my Hayward Natural Gas Pool Heater does not power up today. I am getting 240ac the heater POWER BOARD. The F1 Fuse was blown, I replaced it and then the fan tried to start, but it sounded like it was struggling to come up to speed. Then F3 Fuse blew. I was thinking the fan motor needs replacement. However I was wondering if there is a fan capacitor that could be out. Anyone have any ideas?

Hayward 400H Natural Gas. I am trying to figure out the best way to get to the fan area. Are you aware of any service manual available that I can review to see the proper way to disassemble this unit. Picture of the unit attached.

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 38
I'm not a heater guy (see location :) ) but I was hoping someone would come along and shed some light on the subject for us.

I just looked at the manual for the 400H from the Hayward site and there isn't a sign of a fan anywhere. Are you sure there's a fan in the unit? :scratch:

Hi, I removed the fan and I read the trouble shooting matrix on the service manual posted at Hayward. It said to check the resistance between the wires, black to white (should be between 10-14 ohms mine was 13) and red to white (should be between 18-22, mine was 31) However the Service Manual does not differentiate between the Fasco motor and the Jakel motor. I am hoping someone knows if 31 ohms between red and white wires is okay for a Fasco motor?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.