Newbie with high CYA issue

Pool is still lovely and clear, haven't had to put in any bleach for 4 days while I'm letting it float down.

Question now is.... Would it be okay to let my FC drop down to 9, do the PH test and then bump is straight back up?

Results from last night:
FC 23
CC 0.5
TA 160
CH 160
Temp 24c
CYA was 150 (Didn't test CYA, that is a work in progress, have only managed 2 small drain/refills)

Question now is.... Would it be okay to let my FC drop down to 9, do the PH test and then bump is straight back up?
I Don't see why not. However, what do you intend to bump it back to and why?

I would rather see you focus on reducing your CYA. Test the pH of your fill water because that will make up over 50% of your pool if you get your CYA down in a normal range.

Thank you for your reply.

I am working on reducing the CYA level, it's summer here, no rain and we are on tank water so at the moment my hands are a little tied but I'm doing what I can, have managed 2 small drain/refills. I have diverted a downpipe into the pool as well. Winter rains will probably take care of the problem.

I am going to aim for a 15 FC level to give myself a little buffer.

PH of tank water was in excess of 8.2, rain water is supposedly around 5.7 so between the two of them it will probably bounce a bit I imagine.

Got my FC down to 10, measured PH to be 7.5.

Would the PH at this rate of FC be close enough, or would it still be reading a little higher than what the test indicates? It was 7.5 before I shocked the pool, and when I was pre TFP the pool shop results didn't really show a fluctuation in that either (my TA seemed to bounce around for them, although for me it's been holding steady).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.