Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello all,

Have been in lurk mode for some time... but here is a question:

The specs of SWG show power consumption of like 240W to 360W for the SWG models for my pool. Does the SWG run all the time the pool pump is running or does it go on and off intermittently?

Thanks!

The SWG cycles on and off. If you set it at 20% it will be on 20% of the time. I run mine in that range and almost never have to run it above 30 or 40%.

It depends on the brand. For Compupool CPSC series, they come on and stay on with the motor. You can adjust the output 10-100%. Depending on the model it will determine the max wattage output. It also can be hooked up for 115V/230V, and is self cleaning.

The units that stay on but still have an adjustment for chlorine output, will usually reduce the voltage to reduce the chlorine output and thus the power consumed is also reduced. So either way, it is a fraction of the maximum power usage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.