Light colored pavers are they hard to keep clean

dc1

Oct 25, 2012
We are considering artistic pavers for the pool deck. We like the very light colors but I'm a little concerned about how much work they might be in keeping them clean, verses a darker paver? I want a cooler surface but I don't want to be out there on a weekly bases pressure washing them. Anyone have light pavers and can give me an idea about how hard they are to keep clean? Thanks so much, love this site.

This is what we have, pretty light I think?

[attachment=0:34tqypmn]pattern.jpg[/attachment:34tqypmn]

We plan to seal them next. I am hoping that with the color variation we will not need frequent cleaning.
They were just installed, so I can't really speak from experience yet.

Attachments

• pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 360
I used paver lock colored sand for the walkway to the patio and it as well as the pavers only require pressure washing every few years. My color is red though so not sure if that makes a difference. Not sure how the pool will affect it.

If you're not talking about stone but concrete pavers.......I have Pavestone concrete pavers in "limestone" color.

They stay clean and white except where food/drinks have been spilled or in high traffic areas where dirt is brought in.

I have pavestone pavers that are dark and they do get very hot. They do hide or camouflage some rust spots that have occured from pool furniture and other things. If you go with a light color you might want to make sure your pool furniture and other items are made of materials that will not rust (Alum. PVC, etc.).

Davelinde you just made me a little nervous. We are ready to purchase, from Artistic pavers, corallock in ivory for both coping and pavers. If I could get away with power washing it once or twice a swimming season I'll be ok with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure how to help ease nerves. For me the light color coping is OK. For my wife I think it bugs her a bit more.
It seems to wash up OK so far. Here's a picture of the coping. As I said, the paver has some color variation and dirt "hides". With the coping you can see smudges. In this picture the bottom two arrows are sand that tracked in, while for comparison the topmost arrow is just water splashed.

Hope this helps, not stresses ya!

[attachment=0:2lr7toyr]light_coping.jpg[/attachment:2lr7toyr]

Attachments

• light_coping.jpg
    light_coping.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 228
btw - I should note that all it took to clean off the sand smudge was another splash of water and rubbing it with my thumb, NOT a pressure washer. DW has a soft bristle brush she will hit it with when she sees a smudge that annoys her. As noted above, grease or drinks could stain for sure. So far I've spilled a beer and some red wine on ours but got a hose on it fast and it disappeared.

Davelinde you just made me a little nervous. We are ready to purchase, from Artistic pavers, corallock in ivory for both coping and pavers. If I could get away with power washing it once or twice a swimming season I'll be ok with it.

By searching the forum I see you were considering coralock artistic pavers. If you did use that product, would you mind sharing what you think now? Any current photos, how they have worn, any issues with mold. We are considering the same. Thanks so much.

After dealing with rust stains on my deck I will never buy anything other than aluminum furniture. I have 4 different color pavers around my yard and of course the white ones are the most difficult to keep looking pretty. I pressure wash then spray straight liquid Chlorine on them to kill off any remaining mold lurking below the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.