Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Commercial Pool Operator

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Commercial Pool Operator

Hello, I am a commercial pool operator in Houston Texas. I am seeing that this is more of a residential pool forum, but thought I'd join. I've worked around pools for close to 15 years and have my Aquatic Facility Operator certification and know a good deal about caring for pools. (Operating a big 270,000 gallon pool isn't all that different, I just add chemicals in in the 100's of lbs) Just started a new job not too long ago that only deals with maintenance/repairs of pools and am always looking for new sources of information. Does anyone know of any good reference books/guides for commercial pool repairs?

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Commercial Pool Operator

Welcome to TFP!

Others can tell you about commercial pool repair books/guides, but as far as other pool info on this site, there's the Pool School, though that's obviously oriented towards residential pools, and there's the thread (mostly the initial post) Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- what is not taught.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"