total gallonage question with drawings

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I have a older pool and found the drawings of the original install in 1985, and on the drawing it states that I have capacity of 14040 gallons, I don't buy it. I have attached the dimensions, can someone knowledgeable look at this and see if there correct .I hope you can read it.

Thanks for any help.

Roth

Attachments

• photo pool.JPG
    photo pool.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 118
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 118
roth79 said:
Anyone please.

A "long" time ago (June-July 2012) I was obsessing over this, then someone told me that within +/- 20% it didn't matter much so I just stopped trying to pin down the answer with math - started sticking numbers into PoolCalculator.com and when I found a number that seemed to give accurate results (add what it said, measure, they matched) then I decided that was my "number". I don't really care if it is accurate or not - it works at a practical level so that's what matters.

My advice is to follow my lead. Pick a number - any number - that seems rational. Adjust chemistry using PoolCalculator, measure the results. If the adjustment came out higher than expected, water estimate is too high, lower it; if the adjustment came out lower than expected, water estimate is too low, raise it. Eventually you get close enough to not worry over it. I started out thinking I had 18,000 gallons, I now think I have 13,500... the water is fun to swim in no matter what the truth is. BTW +/- 20% on 13,500 gives a range of anything from 10,800 - 16,200.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you really want the exact amount I suggest that you empty your pool before you fill it take a reading on your water meter before and after. :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.