Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: total gallonage question with drawings

1. Back To Top    #1

total gallonage question with drawings

I have a older pool and found the drawings of the original install in 1985, and on the drawing it states that I have capacity of 14040 gallons, I don't buy it. I have attached the dimensions, can someone knowledgeable look at this and see if there correct .I hope you can read it.

Thanks for any help.

Roth
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: total gallonage question with drawings

I came up with about 13K gallons, You can get as accurate as you like using this~ http://www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk/volcalc.htm
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22’X42’ Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10’X12’ Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow I thought it was more than 14000 gallons.
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,

4. Back To Top    #4

Anyone please.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by roth79
    Anyone please.
    A "long" time ago (June-July 2012) I was obsessing over this, then someone told me that within +/- 20% it didn't matter much so I just stopped trying to pin down the answer with math - started sticking numbers into PoolCalculator.com and when I found a number that seemed to give accurate results (add what it said, measure, they matched) then I decided that was my "number". I don't really care if it is accurate or not - it works at a practical level so that's what matters.

My advice is to follow my lead. Pick a number - any number - that seems rational. Adjust chemistry using PoolCalculator, measure the results. If the adjustment came out higher than expected, water estimate is too high, lower it; if the adjustment came out lower than expected, water estimate is too low, raise it. Eventually you get close enough to not worry over it. I started out thinking I had 18,000 gallons, I now think I have 13,500... the water is fun to swim in no matter what the truth is. BTW +/- 20% on 13,500 gives a range of anything from 10,800 - 16,200.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

I get about 12,000 gallons. It's common for pools to hold a lot less than the builders say they do.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

My quick estimate was also around 12k ... as UWV said, pick number and then use your chemical adjustments to better dial it in for dosing purposes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks UWV, Bama (roll tide? if so congrats on a blowout) and JB, Thanks a lot....

Roth

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic
    I came up with about 13K gallons, You can get as accurate as you like using this~ http://www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk/volcalc.htm
    I guess you didn't like my answer?
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22’X42’ Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10’X12’ Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

10. Back To Top    #10

No bro Im sorry I did just missed the thanks so again THANKS.

11. Back To Top    #11

If you really want the exact amount I suggest that you empty your pool before you fill it take a reading on your water meter before and after.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade