Repair or Replace coping??

bbgg91

Jan 8, 2013
Melbourne Aus
Hi All, I have a pool with pebblecrete coping that has a mind of its own. It is slowly starting to lift itself off the edge of the pool (see pic below) and I have no idea why. If I did not know any better I would say it is expanding. There is another section of the pool where it has come away in sections but these section do not fit back into their positions?? The combined sections are larger than the area they came from. Either way it needs attention. I do not know much about such things so any advice suggestion would be good. I inherited the pool with the house and I suspect it is 15 y/o??

Attachments

• pool_resize.JPG
    pool_resize.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to TFP.

I don't know what type freeze/thaw cycles you have where you are, but deck and/or coping movement is usually caused by ground heave from the freeze/thaw cycles.

Depending on how bad it is, will determine if it can be repaired or should be replaced. More pictures would help.

Hi Thanks for the welcome.

I do not get freeze/thaw cycles. Where I am in Australia our temps vary from 10 to maybe high 30's to 40 deg C. No freezing. The foundations here are rock and clay so next to no movement. The coping does not have expansion joints so I suspect it is due to some form of thermal stress?? I will endeavour to take some more photos. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.