ACE system - Hot Springs Grandee

May 9, 2011
Chicago, Il
I have a 3 yaer old Hot Spring Grandee that has the ACE system. I love it but... My second cell just went bad in 3 years. The first cell was covered under warranty but this one is going to cost $845.00 - ouch!

Any thoughts on other systems/approaches for the tub, or should I bite the bullet?

Were it not for the failure rate, it would be a very good system since it's boron-doped diamond electrodes generate powerful hydroxyl radicals as well as some chlorine. If you want to change systems, then if you use the tub every day or two I'd suggest going with the Dichlor-then-bleach method and you can get a far less expensive ozonator. If you use the tub infrequently, only once or twice a week, then I'd skip the ozonator and you'd might consider using bromine tabs as another option.

The generation cell is very sensitive to calcium carbonate scaling, even more so than a traditional saltwater chlorine generator. This is why they have you use the Vanishing Act™ Calcium Remover bag to lower the calcium level to a recommended 50 ppm. Making sure the pH doesn't get too high will also help. You can also periodically clean the cell to remove scale. See the ACE FAQ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.