New here. New pool/home owner with questions.

Jan 6, 2013
I have been lurking in the shadows for about a month reading about getting the chemicals correct. I'm still learning about that part and there is a lot of info on here when I do my search, but I do have some questions that I can't find much info on. I will start with this one.
The pool room is 28x48 and is carpeted. The carpet holds water and takes about a week to dry out with fans. We want to tear out the carpet and have something different. It has cement under the carpet and where we have pulled it up to look it looked like it is in great condition. We are considering 2 different things right now and are wondering if anyone on here has any experience with either of these. Quikrete Epoxy Garage Floor Coating that we can add a grit to it so it won't be slippery.
Or a concrete stain. Thanks, JB

Having just ripped out 1100 sqft if carpet in our house with the same intention, and finding a mess on the concrete ... you never know what you will find.

But, I would think carpet around a pool is a bad idea. So I think either option would be better than what you have. A true acid stain looks the best, imo, but requires a clean concrete which can take a lot of prep work. Depending on the condition you have, you could put a thin overlay of concrete to have a uniform surface to then stain.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

job, I am jealous as I'm in Michigan with an outdoor (ergo, closed) pool ;)

I don't ave advice on the two products mentioned, but have you seen the lowes display on the paint/sand mix that can be used to either coat old deck for 12 years or be used to paint concrete? It comes with the grit in it, and has some lovely colors to choose from. If I can find the product name ill post back, but if you're near a lowes in the mean time take a peek! Suppose to cover majorly imperfect material ;)

I would not do anything that is like paint to it.

We used the Quikrete Epoxy Garage Floor Coating and are very UNhappy with it! It has started lifting where the car's tires sit and just had not held up at all. This was done on NEW concrete so should have been a slam dunk. :(

Before you do anything think about the long term---are you willing to keep it up? Ask around and see if anyone has a stain that has lasted long term.

A plain concrete looks better than stained/painted concrete that needs touched up.

Kim