Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Puck feeder, keep it or trash it

1. Back To Top    #1

Puck feeder, keep it or trash it

Got a Hayward feeder attached to my pump/filter. But ever since learning about BBB last summer and the side effects of using trichlor tablets, i've got no use for it now.

Before I disconnect it, need opinions on whether to just keep it since it's already attached or get rid of it forever. Any real benefits of keeping a feeder?? Perhaps in a "just in case" situation?

It's always empty now, but it's still connected in-line with everything else. Does it affect overall water pressure much by just being there?
    22,000 gal in-ground, 3-8ft
    Cartridge filter
    Pebble Tec resurfaced
    Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    I would keep it there. It will be useful if you go on vacation, or if you ever need to add cya, you could use the pucks for awhile.

Are you looking into getting a Liquidator?
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD
    A tablet feeder can be a handy way to deal with vacations, as long as you keep tabs on your CYA level and don't use it very frequently. If you aren't doing any plumbing for any other reason I would just leave it where it is. It doesn't have any significant effect on water flow.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina
    We are using ours this spring to get some CYA in the water.

Also, we had a bucket of tabs from previous owner (2005 season) that apparently are still good

For those of us who manually dose their pools, it is great to have it available for vacation
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!