Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this thing hard to replace?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this thing hard to replace?

Has a small leak on the bottom that squirts more when back washing. Doesn't leak too bad but i a m assuming it will only get worse. Just noticed today one of the nuts on one side is missing.

new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Is this thing hard to replace?

I think if you will replace that nut, it may stop the leak. Certainly a quick and cheap fix if it works. Get stainless steel nut.... don't tighten extra hard, just snug. If it still leaks perhaps tighten a bit more.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Are those a standard size? I just happen to be at Home Depot right now.
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

4. Back To Top    #4

Grabbed 3-4 different ones. We'll see what fits.

5. Back To Top    #5

Is that on your backwash line? If so, it shouldn't have any water in it when you're not backwashing.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    Is that on your backwash line? If so, it shouldn't have any water in it when you're not backwashing.
    Yes it is. That is true. It seems to be worse the last time I backwashed. It was more noticeably coming from there as the water flowed out at high pressure. I found a replacement nut so we'll see if that helps next time I backwash. Thanks to all.

7. Back To Top    #7

That's actually not true. I have a lot of pools that have standing water in the backwash line with no leaks on the backwash valve. If he has a P-trap where the pipe goes above the height of the sight glass he will have standing water in there.