My fiberglass pool has a general "dulling" of the surface in some areas. Looking closley, some areas are "streaked". Several months after installed I noticed it, the manufacturer came out w/ Jack's Magic #1 and Purple Stuf, and it was like new again. I did not maintain the Purple Stuff levels since then.
For the last year or so, it's been comming back and getting progressively worse. I bought another round of Jack's about 5 days ago, disconnected my SWG and waited for my FC to drop. Yesterday afternoon I dropped 2lb of Jacks and a qt of the Purple stuff. It wasn't magic. Wile waiting for the magic I dropped in a 40 lb bag of salt thinking that wouldn't effect anything? I thought I could see a difference, but the streaking was still evident. 12 hrs later I added another pt of Purple stuff and checked the PH @7.2. Added a bit more acid, so it's about 7.0 now. I also removed my filter cartridge thinking I don't want anything filtered out now that should be in the water. About 20 hrs later it looks a little better, but still no magic. I can still see the streaking brown spots. I kept the bottle from before and it's interesting that the instructions changed. It used to say wait 24 hrs. Now it says wait 48 hrs, or untill stain disappears.
1. Did adding salt affect anything? Was at 2000
2. Is Jacks #1 about the same as the ascorbic treatment mentioned here?
3. Jacks doesn't mention leaving PH low. Should I try to keep it @ 7.0?
4. Should I add more Jacks and/or seq. agent to speed up the process?
5. Is it a good idea to leave the filter cart out untill all the iron is in the water? Does the cart filter Jacks #1, agent or just agent that's combined with iron. If the later, I guess I should leave the filter in.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.... I really was looking for some magic here.