Plumbing with PVC on Intex

Houde

Jan 4, 2013
Abilene, Tx
I have seen a lot of posts on how people plumb the intex pools. My question is why does everyone seem to use the high pressure 90* instead of the high flow 90*. I have seen an article where the tested the 2 and the high flow 90* flowed 5gpm more.

Welcome to TFP

You want to use pressure rated fittings, Schedule 40 or better, for all pool plumbing.

The difference between a stock 90 and a sweep 90 is a small fraction of a percent. Those fractions of a percent do add up slowly if you replace a large number of 90s, but even so it will only amount to a couple of percent at best. Annoyingly, Schedule 40 sweep 90s tend to be difficult to find. In an ideal world, using sweep 90s is a great idea. But for most people purchasing the better fitting is enough of a hassle that they give up on the small efficiency improvement.

A few states are promoting the use of the better fittings as part of their green energy programs. Hopefully that will result in better availability at some point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.