Hayward H400FD N-Gas Heater - Moving Gas inlet to right side

cavediver

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2011
Hi Guys,
We have a Hayward H400FD heater that will be hooked up for the first time in the spring. In the literature I've read from Hayward it mentions that the water, electrical, and gas connections can be configured on either the right or left side. The relocation of the water connections is covered in the manual, but re-arranging the gas from the left to the right side isn't....

I would prefer to have the gas on the right side, as it will be better protected (from riding mowers, etc) along side a building instead of being exposed at the buildings corner.

I will be leaving the gas connection/testing to my local fitter, but I want to know how to instruct him (if needed) on how to make this modification before the piping is installed. If it's not in the manual, I'm a bit leary of moving forward with it.

Your advice/experience is appreciated.

Happy New Year (Can't wait for my pool to thaw out) - John

Re: Hayward H400FD N-Gas Heater - Moving Gas inlet to right

I have never done this, but yes it can be done supposedly. Where the gas pipe connects to the gas valve is a removable piece that is supposedly reversible so the opening is facing the other direction. Then you also have to swap the two side covers, right and left, where the gas line comes in. Check it out. If you are still unsure, call Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.