Jandy watercolors LED lights won't cycle through colors

Dec 4, 2012
Hi everyone -
I've searched and searched the internet but can't find any info. I have 2 Jandy watercolors LED lights that won't go through their color cycles automatically. I've turned them off, turned the power off, turned them off for 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 6 seconds, 7 seconds, 8 seconds...etc. I turn them off and on and they will go to the next color but the automatic color cycle isn't happening.

Any ideas? :cry:

Angie W.

16,000 gallon gunite pool diamond brite finish, 2HP V.5. Jandy ePump
Jandy 250 sq ft cartridge filter, AquaPure SWG
Jandy Watercolors LED lights

Angie,
If you are manually controlling the lights, you do need to work through the sequence of steady colors to get to the auto cycling colors. The sequence is:

1 Alpine White
2 Sky Blue
3 Cobalt Blue
4 Caribbean Blue
5 Spring Green
6 Emerald Green
7 Emerald Rose
8 Magenta
9 Violet
10 Slow Color Splash
11 Fast Color Splash
12 America the Beautiful
13 Fat Tuesday
14 Disco Tech

To reset to the top - Alpine White - Turn the light OFF, wait four to six seconds, then turn ON.
Then go through the sequence of turning the light OFF and then ON within three seconds. When you have reached the desired color or color cycle turn it off for more than 7 seconds and it should remain in that state next time time you turn it ON. Just don't turn it OFF for at least seven seconds each time you turn it ON or it will/might reset to Alpine White. Here's a link to the owner manual:
http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0305600.ashx
HNY!,
Mike

Brian,
By using the power cycling control logic, a separate control interface is not needed. A separate control interface would mean two or four more wires going to the light, and you would always need a dedicated controller for the lights. While a bit awkward, the power cycling method is simple to implement even if you control your lights from a simple on off switch. Jandy/Zodiac and many other vendors use a version of this approach. Note that once you have got the light operating in the color/color cycle you want, the light will start in that color every time you turn it on, unless you power it on and off rapidly.
Mike

Ok so I cycled through all the colors and at the end it started going through all the colors VERY fast, like less than a second on each color. My 13 year old son informed me that if you cycle through (by turning it on and off) to the RED color and stop, it will automatically start cycling at a normal speed. Don't know why but it works! Thought I would post it here in case anybody else has a problem.

Thanks everyone!

You likely just scrolled through until you got to #10 which may happen to start as red and then go through the colors slowly. Sounds like you got to disco mode the first time.

Try the other modes ... they may start with different colors so you have to count. I have a different system, but like the mode that is only blues and greens.

For example, 12 is likely only going to be red white and blue.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Mike_W said:
Once again, a 13 year old solves a tech problem for his parents. :-D Glad you got it working.
Mike

What would we do without the youngsters? We'd live in a 1 color world! :-D

jblizzle - I had no idea you could get "modes" so thanks for that heads up! We'll play with it and see what combinations come up. The Jandy manual is woefully silent on all of this so I appreciate everyone's help.

Happy New Year! :party:

Sorry to bring up a OLD thread, but I think it is the right place as I've tried this already. I have a similar light, and I can cycle all day long and it is stuck on 9 I think....no matter how fast I turn on / off my switch it stays "magenta".

I have the Fusion Brand, whom I think Jandy acquired.

Fusion Pool Products | LED Lighting for Underwater and Landscaping

Anyways...any tips on how to UNSTICK a cycle ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found a few more threads that said wait exactly 7 seconds, that did not work,

Another said on for a minute, then off for 12 seconds, that did not work....

I wish it would have stuck on a nice color :) the dang Magenta is not even visible at night barely....I tried calling Fusion, and they said they are out of business....this stinks.

Any help on what I can try is appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.