testing salt levels

Sep 4, 2012
I am about to install an aquarite SWG 40,000 gallon system and want to make sure I have everything setup before hand. I've seen a lot on here about getting the salt level right but I'm not seeing lots of options for testing the salt level. I found a digital test for over $100 but dont' really want to spend that much if I don't have to. I read here that the strips are iffy at best so not sure I should go that route. I dont have the option of taking samples to be checked by someone because of where I live. What can you recommend? I am planning on buying a better multi test kit than I have right now also so if there is a combined kit that does salt that would be great.

Also is there anything else you would recommend doing or having before I install this thing?
thanks.
Tim

Salt strips get close enough because of the fairly wide range of acceptable salt levels. It does seem like they lose their effectiveness once they have expired, so don't stock up.

My Aquarite displays the salt level. I also have a handheld digital tester and a calibration test fluid. I find that the Aquarite display is within 100 ppm of the digital measurement. The Aquarite reading (on my system) is close enough that test strips, etc. are not really needed. YMMV and HNY!
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.