Pentair Easy Touch 8 circuit

Dec 31, 2012
When I select the Spa with heater choice the Spa drains. It has worked fine until now. I watched the actuator and it turned to the right. I can't tell from the operation guide how to check the programming. Not sure what changed to make it stop working properly. The heater comes on but empty Spa.

Welcome to TFP!

Switching to spa mode turns one valve (supply) so that the pump draws water 100% from the spa and another valve (return) so that 100% of the water returns to the spa. If the spa is draining, some of the water returning to the spa must be going to the pool instead. Check that the return valve is moving and gets fully into the spa position. If the actuator is working correctly, check inside the valve to see if there is debris blocking full closing or a broken part inside the valve.

Tdattomo said:
Thanks to everyone, I should have started with the easiest solution first. The switch was off, how that happened I can't imagine. Saved me $130

Yeah, that little switch is a bit confusing but handy. With it, you can adjust the flow in ways that the control panel cannot. By moving the switch from one side to the other, you can change the flow between two output ports. As the actuator is moving from one side to the other, you can switch it to the center "off" position, giving you flow to both output ports. This can be useful sometimes. In any event, glad to hear it was a simple fix!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.