Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any info on the Pool Buster Max

1. Back To Top    #1

Lafayette, La

Any info on the Pool Buster Max

I struggle with vaccuming my pool- I have arthritis and attemtping to get everything set up seems to take me forever. We also have a lot of dust so far this year due to construction about 1/2 mile away and the Polaris is not that good with dust so I have been looking at other options. Has anyone used the Pool Buster Max? Does it work as well as their video says? Thanks for any info

2. Back To Top    #2

Forked River, NJ
    I use the Max for spot cleaning and have the Blue Pearl for the regular cleaning cycles. Very happy with both.
    16 X 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl, Jandy 460 cart filter, Jandy Lite2 250,000 BTU natural gas heater, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 SWG, Haywood Color Logic Light,
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elgin, SC
    Are you using the fine mesh "silt" bag with the Polaris? Their regular bag will let dust size particles thru. I have a 360 and it traps almost anything you can see.
    24000gal IG, VL, 1.5 HP, Pentair 60/60D Sand 325#, BBB, Liquidator, Dolphin M400

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Knippa, Texas
    I like my Pool Buster, but to pick up fine particles you do need the fine mesh (silt bag) which is usually not included. Make sure you look carefully at what is included with the unit, and buy the silt bag if it is not part of the package.

Also note that, while the unit itself is lightweight, when you lift it out of the water, it is quite heavy b/c it is full of water! It might be difficult for you to raise it out of the water, with your arthritis. However, you can prop the pole against an object outside the pool and use the pole as a lever to raise the vac out of the pool. I hope that makes sense!

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test