Coving Repair

pcmacd

Oct 3, 2010
Maricopa County, AZ
I did a stoo-pid and broke some coving off my pool. I saved the pieces; now that it's empty I would like to repair it.

I am concerned that if I use either grout or epoxy of some kind, I may not be able to get the pieces all the way in -- it is a perty tight fit.

Suggestions?

tx

mac

[attachment=0:wj0sdsaq]IMAG0648.1.jpg[/attachment:wj0sdsaq]

Grout won't work. it occupies too much space.

A thorough coat of 2-part epoxy will push up through the cracks and waterproof the break. Then, wipe off the excess and your done (it won't be invisible) Make sure you fill ALL of the surface of the crack with the epoxy. If you allow water in and you are in a freezing area, nothing will hold it.

I believe I would also rig some clamps to apply some light pressure (horizontally, away from the pool) to squeeze out as much epoxy as possible. You don't need much pressure and 5 minutes is about all the time you will have (although I would probably leave the clamps on for an hour.)

renovxpt said:
I won't be very safe even if you can make the repair. It would be best to replace the whole piece.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought about that -- how strong it would be.

How big a deal is it to replace a section of coving, assuming that ___ I can even find a replacement? ___

I don't care about the color. I care about the fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where does one go to find this kind of stuff? The coving? I have absolutely not a clue!

tx

mac

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.