Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Minimax NT - "LO"

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Minimax NT - "LO"

I'm not even completely sure if this is the right place, but I'm having a ton of trouble with my spa heater and I have no idea where this would go.

Basically my heater is giving me an error code "LO", and none of the buttons on the console work. I've done so much googling in the past week that my fingers are numb. Anyone have any clue about this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Minimax NT - "LO"

Hello! I know of two issues that could cause this. Either your pressure switch could be bad or you could be getting insufficient flow to your system due to dirty filters. First thing I would do is clean your filters.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, that's what I attempted first. I cleaned out the filters, put everything together, and now the heater isn't power up.

I wonder if my heater is just completely dead...

4. Back To Top    #4

It's probably the pressure switch then. If the heater won't power up where is the error code coming from?

5. Back To Top    #5

It powered up before I cleaned the filters. I'm not sure what's wrong now.

6. Back To Top    #6

I would check all your electrical connections and test them with a meter. If it's getting power but won't power up your board may be shot.

7. Back To Top    #7

Actually, if it's like mine, it isn't an error code. That's the water temperature. I forget the exact cut point - 55 or 60 - but once it drops below that it just says LO. It should still work fine. Once it runs awhile the temperature should climb into the reading zone and it will behave normally.

When I have trouble with the display, I just kill all the circuit breakers in the panel for a few minutes then reset them all and it has cured everything. The touch pads get weird after a while, especially if the plexiglass shield has fallen off. Mine did, and my temp down button is really finicky now. I modified the cover so I could reattach it and the problem hasn't gotten any worse.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!