This is a tad tongue in cheek... and not a pool related question. I have dog water bowls and cat water bowls that develop algae.
The dog water bowl is outside and exposed to sunlight and has more capacity and is changed daily during the summer and less frequently in the winter. Algae builds up and I was curious what level of FC would be needed to shock it - should I elect to do so. Typically I just dump in a bunch of bleach.
The cat bowl is inside and over time develops a weird pink algae despite being changed frequently - sometimes more than 1/day.
FC levels run about 1.5-3ppm from the tap.
I'm surprised the inside bowl gets nasty with the frequent changes - is 1.5ppm with zero CYA not enough?