SE TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Jacuzzi hot tub that is 11 years old. The temperature sensor has gone bad and will cost a few hundred dollars to fix because the tub is built into a deck and the deck needs to be disassembled to fix it. I am not 100% certain it is the temp sensor, but reading online that looks like it is the most likely cause. It is displaying --- as an error code and is in watchdog mode.

I need new pillows, and when it rains heavy sometimes the display will flash, requiring me to reset the breaker to get it to stop, so it could also be a board failure.

The ozonator element is 4 years old.

My question is….should I repair the spa, or at this point I am likely to have a heater or pump failure and should just replace the entire hot tub.

The current spa is a J330, I have a quote for a J345 installed for 8300

TIA

I suppose that depends on your own preference, but if it doesn't leak and is in otherwise good condition, I personally would fix it. I'm not sure what pump you have on that model, but my jacuzzi is 17 years old and only now have I had to replace the 2.5 hp variable pump motor at a cost including labor etc. of $800 -- so a tenth of the cost to replace the whole unit ;)

When I debated repair/replace, the repairman said mine was in excellent condition so it was really a matter of whether I wanted something new or was content with what I had.

What error code are you getting?

I am getting "---" which indicates the watchdog feature has been activated. Most of what I read is that it is most likely a temperature sensor, but the whole board flashing thing when it rains makes me wonder if it is a bad board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.