Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Letro no longer cleaning...please help.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Letro no longer cleaning...please help.

Just took the hose in and got all parts replaced that were needed, which included a couple swivels and the piece that connects it to the wall...they were all cracked and taking the pressure away from the unit. I know the filters are clean, all baskets, etc, but the unit is just running over the dirt and is picking up nothing. Im running out of options and ideas of what may be the issue. Any ideas for me to check will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, its 20 degrees out today so it may not be until tomorrow until i try anything, but i can certainly confirm whether ive already tried any of your suggestions. Any and all are greatly appreciated!

My father is in town from FL and is hammering me about how bad the pool looks He wants to start taking everything apart and checking under the hood. Ive already done that
    30,000 gallons, 6 feet deep, IG, plaster, waterfalls, Pentair CCP 420 cartridge filters, Pentair Whisperflows 2.5 HP pumps, Pentair 320 inline feeder.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Letro no longer cleaning...please help.

If the letro is moving around the pool ok then you have enough water flow and the only other thing it can be is pluged jets. If you remove the bag and look inside the throat of the letro you will see two jets that shoot water up into the bag that is what creates the vacuum to pick up debris off the bottom of the pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Letro no longer cleaning...please help.

Thanks for the response and idea.

Check. Done it. No prob there. Im thinking that the sand is causing an issue somewhere. The shtuff laying on the floor of the pool has been there for months. The jets just keep moving it around.
    30,000 gallons, 6 feet deep, IG, plaster, waterfalls, Pentair CCP 420 cartridge filters, Pentair Whisperflows 2.5 HP pumps, Pentair 320 inline feeder.