Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FLO after pumps stop

1. Back To Top    #1

FLO after pumps stop

Spa: 1999 Sundance Optima 850

After the pumps turn off a FLO error is shown immediately. The pumps run again as programmed. Is this normal or an indication that something is bad or going bad?

Rocco
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FLO after pumps stop

Is your water level high enough? Have you checked the filter area to make sure there's no debris obstructing flo? If neither applies, it could mean your pressure switch is faulty.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the quick response. A little more informaiton.

The FLO error would occur each time after approximately 22 minutes of run time, even though the set temp was not reached.

After removing the filter and checking the lines to make sure they are clear the problem did not go away. So to test the FLO switch i bypassed it by using a jumper. However the hot tub would still turn off after approximately 22 minutes even though it did not reach the set temp. However this time no error message was displayed.

To provide a little more insite. Last year I had to replace the seal and propeller in the main (Jets 1) pump. However while researching this the propeller I needed for my 2.5 hp pump was replaced by a propeller designed for a 2.0 hp pump. Could this explain the FLO issues even though it takes approximately 22 minutes for the FLO error to occur. It looks like the 2.5 hp propeller is available again as well.

Propeller bought and installed: 6500-309 - http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6500-30 ... meter.aspx
    Propeller spec'd for the pump: 6500-295 - http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6500-29 ... r25hp.aspx

Hope this all makes sense and helps.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry I can't help much in this case. I only know that in the past, the flo code on startup without heating has meant either a pressure switch, or in the last instance, a pump failure.

If FLO is only triggering 22 min. After running, I am at a loss, other than to say it must mean for some reason after 22 min flo is reduced enough for it to want to shut down the heat. So perhaps that incorrect part is failing.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    Helpful Links:

5. Back To Top    #5

If it's happening at 22 mins every time it runs it sounds like a timer is kicking it out. Will it run longer than 22 mins without kicking off?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

^i wondered about this b/c I know my own jets automatically turnoff after 20 min and my circ pump kicks in every 20 min I think. However, when I am heating, circ stays on until heated. So I assumed Rocco's worked the same way.
    Helpful Links: