Pool motor wiring help

Dec 23, 2012
I need help wiring my above ground pool motor for 110V. I have a new motor BN35v1 which is a 115/230 volt motor. The motor has numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 where wires can be connected to them. I simply have a black wire and a white wire that I need to know which numbers they should be connected to. I also have the ground wire but I know where it is connected

Here is a photo of the back of the motor. I would like to know based on the wiring diagram which number on the back of the motor would I connect the black wire to and which number would I connect the white wire to. This is for 110V connection and I already know where to connect the ground wire.

Any help would be much appreciated.
[attachment=0:11irkxcq]Back of motor.JPG[/attachment:11irkxcq]

Attachments

• Back of motor.JPG
    Back of motor.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 149
Hmm. I understand your confusion. Are you able to see any of the colored wires listed in the diagram? Maybe they are behind the plate?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

You connect the black and white external power wires to 1 and 6. Either one can connect to 1 and the other to 6.

However, there should be two other wires coming out of the motor that are supposed to be setup to tell the motor what voltage you are supplying. The internal black wire should be connected to 6, and the internal "black tr" wire should connect to 5. I don't see either of those wires in your photo, which is confusing. It is possible that they have been pushed back between the connection block and the chassis. Without those two internal wires connected correctly I don't think it will work at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I encountered the same issue with no jumper wires located on the front of the wiring panel that would be used to change the supply voltage. I ended up opening the motor and discovered that the jumpers are located on the rear of the wiring panel and the motor comes preset for a 230V supply. I changed the jumper wires to 115V based on the wiring diagram on the plate on the motor and it works fine.

Black TR ==> Moves from 3 to 5
Black ==> Moves from 5 to 6

If there's a simpler way to change the supply voltage, I couldn't find it anywhere else online. This solution works, but it's certainly not user friendly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.