Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic Multiwave PE653rc + AquaRite goldline swg

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic Multiwave PE653rc + AquaRite goldline swg

I recently purchased an Intermatic Multiwave PE653RC along with their 24v valve/pump switch (P4243ME). I have not installed it yet. After reading the user manual I am not sure how to wire the controller of my AquaRite Goldline SWG to the PE653RC so it turns on and off according to when my Pentair Variable speed pump is running. PLEASE help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Intermatic Multiwave PE653rc + AquaRite goldline swg

Welcome to TFP!

You want to setup a relay in the PE653RC to turn the SWG off when the pump is not running.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intermatic Multiwave PE653rc + AquaRite goldline swg

FYI, I just talked to Intermatic tech support on using the PE653RC with SWG and VS Pump. JasonLion, you are correct. The best way to address this is to use the timer function on an unused relay of the PE653RC and have it turn the SWG on shortly after the pump cycle is to start and turn it off shortly before. Only downside is that when I change the timing for my pumps, I also have to remember to change the timing for my relay. But at least it is a solution.

At some point, I hope Intermatic adds the ability to connect the RS485 loop to the SWG to have better overall control. But until then, this is at least easier than adding a current triggered relay.