I just finished a shock for mustard algae two days ago and the FC has dropped to 11.0 ppm. When getting ready to vacuum I realized the hose and suction head had not been treated and in fact were green. I'm trying to remedy that now by soaking the hose and head in the bath tub but I'm having problems.
It's a normal bath tub, 40 gallons or so, and I sunk the hose. I added 4 oz 6% clorox and could get no FC reading at all - completely clear in the 10 ml tester. I then added 8 oz, then 16 oz, then 40 oz, testing after each and could still get no reading - completely clear. At this point I'm running out of clorox and the bath water is nice and green.
I do have some left over diclor packs from several years ago before learning why not to use them in the pool, so I added a half ounce or so, then a little more, but still no reading in the FAS test beaker.
Does diclor take a while to become chlorine? it's been about an hour and it seems strange I can't get a red color in the beaker - 62 ounces of clorox and about an ounce of diclor. I'm beginning to suspect a protocol problem...