Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: stenner pump fell apart

1. Back To Top    #1

stenner pump fell apart

I guess the bottom somehow got all corroded and the bottom of the pump fell off. It had only been in operation for about 4 months or so

Has anyone else had this happen?
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: stenner pump fell apart

Can you post some pics of it?
    I haven't seen that happen.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

ok so with further inspection, the two clips that hold the bottom on broke so the bottom fell off and the entire inside fell out. I used screws into existing holes to put it all back together and Im looking for new clips because they are more convenient when I need to take it apart to change tubes in the future.
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

4. Back To Top    #4

What are you using the pump for? How is it mounted?

If it's for acid, bad bad things happen when you co-locate the pump and the tank.
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build