Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: i guess it's about time i introduced myself.

1. Back To Top    #1

i guess it's about time i introduced myself.

i found this sight when my mother bought the house across the street from me a few years back. it had a green slim pool and we needed help bad. the site helped so much and i tried to pass on the info to all my neighbors but they wouldn't listen. i just looked next door the other day and my neighbors pool is green again. everytime it rains it turns green also....ect.

i've had a spa for 11 years and just got a new one 2 weeks ago. i didn't take very good care of the first one but i also never had any water problems with it. i just threw in MA and bleach when needed. the new spa i decided to take better care of but this thing has been a pain. i didn't flush it and i just set it up. water got cloudy after about 8 days and it's been a fight for it to hold any chlorine or bromine level. i started off with a chlorine spa but it wouldn't hold any chlorine. so i tried the 2 step bromine since i have a ozonator. after shocking with mps or chlorine i can't keep bromine up for more then 8 hours even after 4 days of shocking. so i went to the 3 step bromine today and after about 10 hours i was still at almost 0 bromine with 2 tabs. so right now i have 4 tab in there with it wide open, i hope it holds the bromine until morning when i shock it again. water has been clear for a few days but i'm really shocked by how much chemicals i'm throwing at it. i'm waiting on the system flush to come in the mail and i hope that takes care if it.

i've been spending most of my free time reading up as much as i can on this site.

anyways i just wanted to say hi and thank you every much for the helpi have received here.
    12,000 IG vinyl
    hayward c900. 90 sq.ft cartridge
    1hp motor flow rate?

400 gallons
    2012 hotsprings vangard

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: i guess it's about time i introduced myself.

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT