Pool Closing

Oct 27, 2011
Dallas, texas
We closed the pool in October 2011 and never opened it during 2012. I just noticed that the water levels are much lower then when we closed it. I also noticed that there are some wrinkles in the corners now. I am wondering if my liner is damaged. I am also wondering if I should add more water. Given that its going to be 30 degress or less over the next few months, should I wait until weather warms up? Any help would be much appreciated as I am super confused and worried right now.

Last edited:
The only way to know if your liner is damaged is to fill it up and see if it holds water. I don't think that you would be able to do much about any damage though until the weather is warm enough for you to work on it.

Thanks! I think you are right there is not much I can do right now. Is it possible that the water loss (prob about 2 feet) is due to evaporation? I never opened it over the summer and it was an extremely hot summer.

If the weather warms up to over freezing should I add more water or should I just wait until I open it in the summer?

Evaporation of 2ft in a covered pool is unlikely. Any chance you have a pic of the pool? That's a large AGP, but may given us some hints, since it is buried. If possible I would add enough water to within 6" below your return fitting.

hey everyone, so my water levels are pretty low but do not seem to be dropping anymore. I think I just had really bad evaporation, but wont know for sure until spring when i fill back up.

The weather is perking up and it will be above freezing over the next 48 hours. Does it make sense to start filling up the pool a bit? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.