Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Teledyne Series 2 ESC Gas Spa Heater - Clicking

1. Back To Top    #1

Teledyne Series 2 ESC Gas Spa Heater - Clicking

Well....my teledyne series 2 will fire up and burn well for about 3-6 minutes. After that, it sounds like something is reseting and it starts to flutter/click fast. I basically have to turn the heater off and then turn it back on. It only takes another couple minutes for the issue to start all over again. I went up and found that the gas valve is making all the noise and it is a $300 part. Could I take apart the gas valve and repair it?

Many thanks!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Teledyne Series 2 ESC Gas Spa Heater - Clicking

I just updated this post if anyone is typing a reply....the gas valve is definitely doing the clicking.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it a new installation? If so it might be low gas pressure. The regulator could be undersized. I am not a heater expert but that seems to quite often be the case with the symptons you describe.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nah unfortunately this unit worked great until last year and this clicking problem has gotten worse - almost so bad it cant get up to temp. There are directions on youtube to take my same gas valve control board out and replace the corroded contacts with wires: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-E4LE3aVY

When I jiggle the control board, there is no evidence that one of these contacts is loose/broken. This makes me worry that the ignition control is bad, which is another $300 part.