Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on using Spa System Flush

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on using Spa System Flush

First, let me just say once again that this site is great. It's been a tremendous help.

I understand it's a good idea to run through a decontamination for new spas. I've ordered the Spa System Flush and the directions say to remove the filters while using the Spa System Flush. Is that correct?

I realize the owner's manual says not to run the spa when the filters are not installed. Do you have to remove the filters when using the Spa System Flush, or can you leave them in? I guess they would get a bit grimy and would need a cleaning afterwards. Or, is it better to remove them? I assume if you leave them in, you just need to be careful about leaves, etc. getting in the spa while it's running.

Thanks.
    19,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16x32' vinyl, Hayward Tristar 3/4 HP pump, Hayward 4820 DE filter, 9 Aquatherm solar panels, Hayward H350FD heater, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question on using Spa System Flush

Quote Originally Posted by barefooting
    I understand it's a good idea to run through a decontamination for new spas. I've ordered the Spa System Flush and the directions say to remove the filters while using the Spa System Flush. Is that correct?
    Most products designed for flushing or deep cleaning a spa will operate more effectively with removal of the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by barefooting
    I realize the owner's manual says not to run the spa when the filters are not installed. Do you have to remove the filters when using the Spa System Flush, or can you leave them in? I guess they would get a bit grimy and would need a cleaning afterwards. Or, is it better to remove them? I assume if you leave them in, you just need to be careful about leaves, etc. getting in the spa while it's running.
    Correct, leaving it in is the safest way, however if your using a product designed for deep cleaning it may not work as well, it is best to follow the instructions by removing and replacing or thoroughly cleaning the filter (if it's not a new filter definitely replace) when you run your spa with the filter off you just need to make sure the water is clear of obstructions which could damage the impeller or piping (leaves, plastic goggle parts etc etc)
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Question on using Spa System Flush

Great. I'll make sure the tub is clean and remove the filters. Thanks for the help.
    19,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16x32' vinyl, Hayward Tristar 3/4 HP pump, Hayward 4820 DE filter, 9 Aquatherm solar panels, Hayward H350FD heater, TF-100 test kit.