Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zeolite

1. Back To Top    #1

Zeolite

I thought I would post some info on the Zeolite mineral used in lieu of sand
    Zeolite is a mineral, but there are various mines that is is mined from and several different types/qualities of the mineral
    What can be confusing is that there are at least 3 companies that sell Zeolite Mineral but each sells a different type/quality.
    Of course all advertize that theirs is the best!
    The companies I know of are: ZeoSand, ZeoBright, and ZeoBest
    ZeoSand's ZeoLite is emerald green in color. A guy named Pete is very helpful and seems honest to me.
    ZeoBest is tan in color
    Not sure about ZeoBrite.
    The ZeoLite mineral product is pretty dirty in the bag (something about the mining process) and thus requires a very stringent and different method of installing and regenerating.

I used the ZeoBest product (not by my choice, it is just what the pool company used) I think they did not install it properly as I continue to get a fine dusty material piling up at the usuall seams etc. The guy from ZeoSand was very helpful in telling me how to fix the problem (assuming the Zeolite is my problem) He said to use a garden hose on about 3/4 pressure and poke it through the sand (ZeolLite) numerous times (at least 20) and push it to the bottom of the filter, being careful not to damage the laterals.
    This, he says, "fluffs" the sand and separates the dusty stuff that it ships with. Then do a long backwash until the water is totally clear

Hope this helps someone who may be using or considering the use of the ZeoLite Mineral

Cush Dobbs
    22'x40' IG, Freeform, 26K gal, Vinyl liner pool(2011), three returns plus two step jets, one slide, two skimmers, two LED lights, Stamped Concrete with Aqua PL-Plus Automation panel, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter 500lb, Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell 15 (SWG) Smart Pool Scrubber60 Robotic Pool Vac.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Zeolite

I'ved noticed that the zeobest takes longer for it to clear up from the sight glass when backwashing.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

My understanding is that Zeo Best's Zeolite has a lot of dirt and clay in it
    ZeoSand's Zeolite is the cleanest Zeolite product
    22'x40' IG, Freeform, 26K gal, Vinyl liner pool(2011), three returns plus two step jets, one slide, two skimmers, two LED lights, Stamped Concrete with Aqua PL-Plus Automation panel, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter 500lb, Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell 15 (SWG) Smart Pool Scrubber60 Robotic Pool Vac.

4. Back To Top    #4

There are rumors of horror stories using zeolite, Amy suggestions how to avoid the 'cement block' problem?
    30000gal, IG, Painted concrete, ~1940. Current equip plan, comment welcome!
    Jandy SHPM2.0-2 2HP uprated (60ft/100gpm), Hayward S310T2 Pro Series Top Mount Sand 30in. (possible zeolite?), CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, 2 skim, 1 drain, 1 vacuum (Kreepy Krauly Kruiser).