Green water fountain

tmac

May 16, 2009
Hi everyone,
I'm helping out my brother-in-law with a fountain he has inherited in his new home. (8'x5'x 1 ft Deep).
They just moved in, and it's been neglected for months, so needless to say it is green pea soup.
I calculated that it has 300 gallons.
Told him to add 1 cup of bleach in the am and two in the pm - which he has since last Saturday. ( calculated that it would bring the FC up to 15 or so). Also told him to brush it as often as he can. Got a chlor tab feeder for him and filled it with chlor tabs.
I couldn't see the very bottom last weekend, but the sides exposed are 1 " mosaic tiles.
From what I can tell, there is no filter system, so he's had the pump shut off.

So far, it's still green, so maybe I don't know what I'm doing, even though I told him it would be cleared up in a week. (I have a pool, and have used troublefreepools and poolsolutions to keep it perfect for several years now).

Any suggestions would be great. More bleach? Just drain and refill and get it over with??
Thanks in advanced.
Travis

Drain, wash with bleach, refill seems cheap and fast. 15ppm with unknown CYA seems like it has the potential to be a problem.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Good idea UWV.
OP, not to mention that there's no filtration system, so you'll never get the dead algae completely out of there.
I would shock it after you refill it, while running the pump for 24hrs. Just to clear out the lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.