Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Selling & Trading Down-level Equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Southern California

Selling & Trading Down-level Equipment

Just curious ---
    Many of the folks on this forum have upgraded their pumps, filters and cleaners. From the tense of most of the posts, I get the impression that at least half of the equipment replaced is in good to excellent condition. While I realize it is verboten to advertise said equipment on the forums, I am nevertheless curious about which are the favorite ( and most successful ) methods of "disposing" of it. At the risk of sounding like I live in a third-world country, many folks in my area dispose of unwanted "stuff" by merely leaving it at the curb in the evening, and waiting for someone to steal it ( actually, most devotees of this method mark it "free" ). While it may sound too "political", I am averse to listing goods ( free or otherwise ) on Craig's List, as there has been in increase in home burglaries ( and outright "invasions") immediately following such listings in my area. Yard sales are obviously usefull for "ordinary" stuff, but moving heavy stuff ( pumps & filters ) back and forth can be dangerous for old goats like myself.
    15K gallon in-ground gunite/plaster pool(58 year-old Anthony Bros.), 15'x30', depth 3-1/2'->8' . Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward DE-3600 filter with Variflow 710XR50 1-1/2" valve. Polaris 380 cleaner & "the pool cleaner (suction)". Main-drain suction disconnected. New skimmer suction plumbing 2" PVC. Single return line 1" copper. Cleaner line 1-1/2" copper, re-plumbed in pump-house (PVC) for either suction or pressure. Hayward 3/4HP PB4 booster pump. Leslie's 260 BTU Coppertherm heater. All new suction interconnect plumbing 2". Return plumbing, filter-to-booster, 1-1/2". Single return to pool 1". All equipment located 2-1/2ft. above pool bottom level ( neg. 5ft. from surface ).

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: Selling & Trading Down-level Equipment

Luckily we don't have the Craigslist issues here but the local pool store also take consignments or you could possibly speak with any number of pool service/cleaning companies. They may be able to help out one of thier customers and you at the same time. And of course there's always EBay.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.