Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: opinion on diving board removal.

1. Back To Top    #1

opinion on diving board removal.

What would you guys think a fair price is for a old diving board removal and haul away? Got a few qoutes and they seem high, thought id ask here before i decide. Thanks
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: opinion on diving board removal.

I have no real idea but the pool guys who close my pool remove it for the winter to put the winter cover on as part of their 300 closing service and its usually the quickest thing they do.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

If it has a steel base, the scrap value would probably be worth what it would cost to take it off the base.

Are you talking about cutting the bolts out of the concrete or just unbolting it and hauling it off? I remove mine every fall and store it inside. Four bolts and 10 minutes tops.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Even if you are talking about permanently removing the diving board (lets say for insurance reasons). It's just a matter of removing the board and base and then for the bolts in the ground they can be cut and ground flush with the concrete with a angle grinder.

If you are just talking about removing the old board to replace it with a new one. Its just chopping it up small enough so it can fit into garbage bags.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey thanks. Yea total removal,(insurance ) studs and all. Never thought about the metal value. So around$100 is fair for both of us?
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

6. Back To Top    #6

I'd try posting on Craig's list in the free section, somebody might be willing to do it for the price of removing it. That's how I got my entire pool.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320