Newbie tip

LOL! Let me add another newbie tip:

When starting your pump, it's important that the cover be on the skimmer or it will draw air and you'll lose your prime. I chased around for an hour one day trying to figure out why my system, which had worked perfectly for weeks, was no longer able to establish suction. Put the cover back on the skimmer and voila!

SebringDon said:

When starting your pump, it's important that the cover be on the skimmer or it will draw air and you'll lose your prime. I chased around for an hour one day trying to figure out why my system, which had worked perfectly for weeks, was no longer able to establish suction. Put the cover back on the skimmer and voila!
I haven't experienced this when my skimmer cover is off.

Sent via Tapatalk...

UnderWaterVanya said:
SebringDon said:

Sent via Tapatalk...
Maybe it's something specific to my configuration then, but I can replicate it. Maybe it's because the weir's a little stiff but with the cover on there's enough suction to pull it down where it should be and the flow gets started. Once it's flowing I can take the cover off and it still works fine. Drove me nuts until I figured it out.

Guess it's time to inspect and lube the weir.

Maybe we should start with what do you mean by a cover? Do you mean the top cover that keeps debris from falling into the skimmer? That's what I mean.

SebringDon said:
UnderWaterVanya said:
SebringDon said:

Sent via Tapatalk...
Maybe it's something specific to my configuration then, but I can replicate it. Maybe it's because the weir's a little stiff but with the cover on there's enough suction to pull it down where it should be and the flow gets started. Once it's flowing I can take the cover off and it still works fine. Drove me nuts until I figured it out.

Guess it's time to inspect and lube the weir.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.