Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot tub step missing, options/suggestions????

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot tub step missing, options/suggestions????

Just had our pool completed a couple of months ago. It is inground gunite/quartz pool/hottub combo. We have found that it is very difficult to get into and out as there are no steps into the hot tub, just the seating inside. Is there a solution to this problem? Can you purchase steps somewhere for inside the hottub? My husband is a disabled veteran and it is even more difficult for him to get in and out of and we are still young. Don't know how much longer we will acutally be able to do it.

I have included the rendering photo for a better view. I haven't taken any after photos since the landscaping will not be completed until Spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hot tub step missing, options/suggestions????

There are multiple varieties of lifts available, you could have one installed between the tub and pool for dual use. Look online Craig's list first. I saw one a month ago for $100.00 all PVC construction. Here is a link to but one of the retailers online http://www.poollifts.com/accessibility-equipment.aspx
    You may also want to speak with the VA as they may know of discounts not available to the public since he is service disabled.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

How deep is it from the top of the coping to the bottom of the spa? I'm wondering if you couldn't use a set of steps designed for an above ground pool. The only downside is they would take up a lot of space in the spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Would just adding a handle bar to assist in the step up be an easy start?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

4knights: A lift might be too large to leave any room in the hottub.

Christian: I am not sure how deep it is from the coping to the botom of the hottub. I think above ground pool steps would take up too much room since it is already ptetty small.

YippeeSkippy: I think that a bar might be all we need. That is a really good idea!

6. Back To Top    #6

Following YippeeSkippy's suggestion. How about a step handrail like shown Here? Anchor it in the deck and let it overhang the spa a little.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Following YippeeSkippy's suggestion. How about a step handrail like shown Here? Anchor it in the deck and let it overhang the spa a little.
    You know, I think that might just work. Thanks guys!