Trying to find a reliable motor

Spiccolli

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Gold Canyon, AZ
Hello,
I have a 1hp emmerson motor that i installed about 2 years ago. It's getting loud and I know the bearings are about to go.
I really think the motor should last alot longer than 2 years. Shouldn't it?

the model i have is ESQ1102 (C55CXKLM-5003)
from amazon: HP 1 SF 1.65 RPM 3450 Voltage 230/115 Freq - 60 HZ SF Amps 8.5/17.0 Frame - 48Y Length Less Shaft 12.28 5.5 In. Diameter Switch Design Standard Efficient, Full Service Factor, Full Rated Features: - Two Compartment - 1081 Design - Open Dripproof - 303 Stainless Steel Shaft - Triple Bearing Protection - Shaft Threads - 1/2-20 UNF-2A - Continuous Duty - Sealed Ball Bearing - Thermally Protected - Class B Insulated - 50 Degrees Celsius Ambient - Voltage Selection Device

Who makes the best motors? AO smith? Hayward?
Where can I get a direct replacement for this emmerson at a good price?

Thanks for any help!!

Yes, I know all about the shaft seal. When I installed it, I used gloves and followed the directions to a T. The motor to pump connection never leaked.

I just think the motor was low quality, unless an expert could tell me otherwise.

Need to find a better motor, and fast!

Spiccolli said:
I would give it a shot - how do i find out the exact part number and how many bearings are in the motor?
Like bobo said, 2 bearings.

As for matching, start with poolpartsonline.com and look at their parts diagrams. Then you can cross reference those measurements with graingers website. The model number should be stamped on the seal as well for confirmation, thats in the mfr# in graingers product description.

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.