Robotic Pool Cleaner Recommendation

New to TFP and pool ownership. Thanks for the volumes of, oftentimes overwhelming, information!

Just ordered a K-2006 and K-1766 so I have no test results. Chemistry will be a future lesson. Am excited to have found the BBB approach!

My question is specific to cleaners. Want to be prepared for Spring while trying to take advantage of off-season pricing. Though I have found specific recommendations, I am looking for direct comparisons between different types of cleaners. For example, the Polaris 280 seems to be a great piece of equipment but I don't have a booster pump. Not knowing the price of a booster pump install would I be better served with a robot? Or, is it so worthwhile to go the 280 route? We get lots and lots of oak leaves from September-November....

Many thanks!

Re: Automatic Pool Cleaner Recommendation

diggin',

Getting what you pay for seems an often overused phrase, but it seems pretty applicable with most cleaners.

The more you pay, the bigger, stronger, quicker cleaner you get. For a pool your size, I would suggest a robot for sure but most are pricier (by double anyway) over the current cleaners you are considering.

Check the specs and see how much water each of them moves.......that a decent indicator of the amount of cleaning they are capable of.

Even after that, some of them are better designed than others and that is pretty hard to ascertain unless you can actually see one in action and then stop it and clean it out your self.

Like most things, the more diligent you are, the better decision you will likely make.

For me, the Blue Diamond (non-remote) is fairly easy to clean out and will clean a pool your size rather quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.