Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a cartridge filter replacement....help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a cartridge filter replacement....help!

Hi, guys as I previously posted on : http://www.troublefreepool.com/i-nee...er-t54535.html I've given up on my quest to clean my filter to like new condition.Although I had received some suggestions on where to get a new one, the issues is that I don't know which one I should get. I've used the Pleatco filter finder by measurement (25.5" long x 7" Circ.) that shows several results for several brands. My actual filter has no markings or numbers what so ever, being made in China I thought this pump/filter combo must be a knockoff of some known brand. I've included some pics to see if you can chip in some info. Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Peanut Shape Fiberglass, Varies 10-14' X 25' long. 3.5' Shallow- 5.5' deep end, about 7000 gals.
    Splapool 1 HP - 75Gpm Pump and 100Sqf Cartridge Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a cartridge filter replacement....help!

Try this web site. They can lookup replacement filters by dimensions as well as part number or filter model number.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

That's the site I've tried before but not sure what's the difference between the results, besides the ones not completly open on the bottom and top.
    http://www.pleatco.com/productsearch/0/7_25-1-2/0.html
    Peanut Shape Fiberglass, Varies 10-14' X 25' long. 3.5' Shallow- 5.5' deep end, about 7000 gals.

4. Back To Top    #4

Is there a part number on the end cap of your old cartridge? That's another option to look up the correct filter.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Post a picture of the top and bottom of the cartridge also. The end cap pictures on that website show differences. You have to enlarge to see them however.

Looking closely at this it appears to me that there are only a few differences - these fit several filters. There are two level end caps and three level end caps, and there are end caps without anything other than a hole and those with a "spider" looking device in the hole. If I looked at it right the two level has a spider in all offered choices, and the three level comes with or without the spider. That means there are three options total really - unless there are some subtle differences I'm missing and this matches the model numbers. So you really only need to concentrate on three comparisons:

PA100N
    (-M is antimicrobial, -4 is a four pack, -PAK4 looks like another 4 pack) aka Hayward CX870-XRE, Unicel C-7487, Filbur FC-1270

PA106
    (-M is antimicrobial, -4 is a four pack, -PAK4 looks like another 4 pack) aka Hayward CX880-XRE , Unicel C-7488, Filbur FC-1226

PA112
    (-M is antimicrobial, -4 is a four pack) aka Hayward CX-875RE, Unicel 7489, Filbur FC-1275

PPF-105 (seems identical to above)
    aka Hayward CX-875RE, Unicel C-7489, Filbur FC1275 (Same as PA112?)
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

I will post pictures of top and bottom (both the same) later. Which brand is better Pleatco, Unicel , Filbur?..

7. Back To Top    #7

If the end plate matches I wouldn't worry too much - the claim is that Unicel is as good or better than the OEM. The real differences between the PA100, PA106, PA112 appear to be the number of pleats and the molded end style. If the molded end style matches then I'd go for it.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump